Hi I’m Curt,
Welcome to my unabridged review including all the juicy details about a Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker also known as a Margaritaville Blender, and which model gets my Top Pick. This is a full length review, so if you are just looking for where to get the best price on any Margaritaville Machine just click my link in the right sidebar below my photo.
Why did I decide to create this blog? When I initially decided that I wanted to purchase a margarita blender, I had a hard time trying to find any detailed reviews. So I figured I would do the research and write a good honest review to help out anyone who is considering a similar purchase. Just be prepared. Because I intend to cover the bad points as well as the good ones. So if you already decided to buy one and don’t want to hear any criticism you should probably leave before you read the rest of this review.
Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker Top Pick
The winner is the Fiji Frozen Concoction Maker also known as the Margaritaville DM2000 Premium Frozen Concoction Maker. The DM2000 or Fiji will make 36 ounces of perfectly blended margaritas, daiquiris, mudslides, and smoothies. And with a little practice you will also be making pina coladas, snow-cone’s, and ice blended coffee drinks.
The secret to this machine is its ability to produce “shaved ice” instead of the typical crushed ice that you get with a conventional blender. Home blenders usually produce a blended ice drink that either has large chunks of ice, or is over blended and watered down. Shaved ice gives you that smooth restaurant quality margarita that you have been looking for. And with a little experimenting with natural ingredients you will soon be making better drinks that the high class restaurant or bar.
What I Liked
- Metal drive gear for the ice shave blade and metal base should give you years of trouble free service, unlike the plastic pieces on the DM1000.
- The four different automatic pre-programmed drink cycles for making all types of ice blended drinks as easy as pushing a button. The Keywest Machine (Model DM1000) only makes margaritas.
- The larger more powerful motor and larger drink capacity than the Margaritaville Bahamas or Keywest entry level models, ensure the Fiji DM2000 can handle any size party.
- The oversized ice hopper on the Fiji is double the size of the Keywest DM1000, which keeps time spent refilling to a minimum.
- Handy water collection reservoir to catch melted ice, slides out to easily dump out.
What I Didn’t Like
- It’s big. Will not fit under the kitchen cabinets with the ice hopper on. Need to place it on your island, or remove the ice hopper to slide it back on your countertop under the cabinets. May be best stored in your pantry, but it’s impressive looking and can be kept on your island if desired.
- Can be a little difficult to clean. Becomes easier with practice. Discovered most of the mess comes from overfilling it. Measure your ingredients and clean up gets a lot easier.
- The one other thing to note is that it only comes with one mixing pitcher. I strongly recommend buying at least one extra one. It just makes it a lot easier if you want to make more than one style of drink or one batch of margaritas at a time.
Margaritaville Blender Final Verdict
The Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker Fiji Model DM2000 is my Top Pick for not only the best Margaritaville Blender, but for the best margarita machine available from any manufacturer at any price. And this model in particular combines the best of everything Margaritaville has to offer in one fantastic package that every margarita lover must have.